Here are a few of my favorite things from the Republican debate on June 5:
1. Mitt Romney claimed that to do away with "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" in a time of war would be a "social experiment." Moreover, every single Repub candidate was in favor of keeping DADT.
2. Rudy Giuliani said it was important to talk about I. Lewis Libby's 30-month prison sentence because "a man's life is at stake." Um, Rudy? Not so much. He'll be out in 2.5 years. Just sit tight.
3. John McCain repeatedly referred to the audience as "my friends." Just... ugh.
4. Tom Tancredo is nuts. He - for whatever reason - is under the impression that bilingual countries don't work. He said as much last night. You know what Tommy? Where's the proof?
5. McCain actually responded to Tancredo's comments with some really positive remarks about Hispanics and the important contributions they've made to American culture. I still think McCain is a dick, but it was a nice gesture.
6. Tancredo - still on an immigration rant - answered that to him, being an American means cutting all ties with your past. Nice, Tom. Real nice.